The Source for Dysarthria Book
Explores the intricacies of dysarthria evaluation and gives guidelines for a differential diagnosis with descriptions of each dysarthria type.
Includes evaluation forms for adults and children, word/sentence lists, reading passages, exercises, and activities to develop respiration, phonation, resonance, articulation and prosody educational handouts and more!
More information below.
This new edition presents a refresher on the neurology of dysarthria as well as current information and lots of helpful tools for assessment, treatment planning, and treatment techniques.
The approach is organised around a perceptual framework, using listening skills to help make decisions about diagnosis and treatment (in contrast to using instrumental assessment). The information helps you:
- understand the interrelationships among respiration, phonation, resonance, articulation, and prosody
- determine possible causes for the observed symptoms
- incorporate long-term goals of intelligibility, comprehensibility, efficiency, and naturalness
The intricacies of dysarthria evaluation are explained and guidelines provided for a differential diagnosis. Descriptions of each dysarthria type include:
- possible medical diagnoses
- associated neurological symptoms and reflexes
- typical patient complaints
- tasks to help distinguish the particular type of dysarthria
Updates in this second edition include the most up to date information on:
- oral-motor exercises - what they do or don't do for improved speech intelligibility
- measuring outcomes of intelligibility, comprehensibility, and efficiency
- treatment activities for comprehensibility and efficiency
- coding and billing for treatment
- dysarthria in children
120 printable pages of hands-on therapy tools:
- Perceptual Dysarthria Evaluation (adult and paediatric forms)
- informal evaluation forms for respiration, phonation, resonance, articulation, and prosody
- case history form
- 80 pages of word/sentence lists, reading passages, exercises, and activities to develop respiration, phonation, resonance, articulation, and prosody
- educational handouts
- activities for improving intelligibility and comprehensibility
- Communication Assessment Profile (CASP) - CASP£239.94 £199.95
- Frenchay Dysarthria Assessment - Second Edition - Assessment£202.74 £168.95
- Language Activity Resource Kit (LARK-2)£262.80 £219.00
- Just for Adults - 6 Book Set£76.95 £76.95