Explaining social scenarios and everyday tasks
Social stories, developed by Carol Gray in the 1990's are widely used to visually explain a social situation. Although useful for many situations, these tools are particularly useful to support those with comprehension and learning difficulties, or children or adults with Autism. They often address what is happening, what could happen or what is expected of individuals in specific circumstances.
This proven effective strategy helps to explain and aid understand of everyday situations, interactions with others and scenarios, building social and interaction skills and can encompass routines, sequencing, understanding emotion etc.
We have a range of resources to help create social stories. Many finish with pertinent questions to reinforce understanding of the content covered.
Items 1-12 of 16
- Social Skills: Developing Effective Interpersonal Communication£28.74 £23.95
- Stone Individual Card Holders - Set of 5Special Price £9.54 £7.95 Regular Price £16.74
- Talking Tiles -Set of 6£81.54 £67.95
- Magnetic Whiteboards - Set of 4£32.34 £26.95
- PECS and other Visual Communication Strategies in AutismSpecial Price £14.37 £14.37 Regular Price £23.95
- Writing Social Stories with Carol GraySpecial Price £39.95 £39.95 Regular Price £85.00
- Visual Support for Children With Autism Spectrum Disorders - BookSpecial Price £19.95 £19.95 Regular Price £36.50
- The New Social Story Book & CD£37.95 £37.95
- Taking Care of MyselfSpecial Price £9.95 £9.95 Regular Price £18.00
- A Guide to Writing Social Stories - BookSpecial Price £9.48 £9.48 Regular Price £18.95
- Talking Photo Album£63.54 £52.95
- Carol Gray Books and Resources£133.20 £111.00