Talking Tiles -Set of 6
The following support documents are available:
These great customisable big buttons are extremely versatile resources for teaching or therapy, with the advantage of being light, portable, simple to clean and quickly re-recordable (so easy to grade activities according to need). They have potential for use in a wide variety of settings for very different purposes. Some examples for reminiscence, learning or therapeutic use are listed below:
- Simply remove the transparent cover and insert a picture, symbol, photograph, text, image, diagram, illustration, newspaper clipping etc.
- Flick a switch and record up to 80 seconds of talking, singing, noises, natural sounds, instruments or music (includes AUDIO-IN so sound can be recorded directly from a CD Player/Computer via a 3.5mm cable, not included)
- Press the button to playback.
Each features a locking switch to protect messages from accidental erasure and they come with fixtures for wall mounting if this option is preferred.
- As a very simple AAC device, for example, selecting "Yes", "No" or "Maybe" to questions,
- Audible reminders to promote independence - for example - which medication to take when or how to operate equipment, set dials/buttons, help with procedures or processes.
- A tool to record messages for carers or visitors.
- A resource for sequencing tasks and everyday activities such as washing, dressing etc.
- Demonstrate articulation/sound matched to text, phonemes, images, or insert a diagram of oral motor exercises.
- Match object, shape, colour to its name.
- Use as a trail to follow directions and find the next tile, then the next one...
- Sequencing tasks by putting these next to objects and use these as verbal reminders - perhaps how to brush teeth or get dressed, or help with morning routines.
- Insert pictures of faces showing different emotions with related words "I feel sad" and help people express themselves.
- Use as part of a sensory story, for example why not record the sound of rain...
- Prompt memory recall by using images from the past with a recording that is relatable (for example a picture of Elvis and then a recording of someone singing one of his songs...)
- Pack of 6: 1x Red, 1x Yellow, 1x Green, 1x Blue, 1x Black and 1x White
- Size: 95 x 95 x 25mm
- Includes an AUX-IN socket for recording directly from your PC, Hi-Fi or MP3 player. Ideal for those with visual or motor skill impairments. Use in multiples for sequencing and story-telling.
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (to be purchased separately).