The Source for Apraxia Therapy
A practical photocopiable workbook designed to help your clients use visual, auditory and kinaesthetic feedback to improve their intelligibility.
Great for neuro rehab!
More information below.
A superb resource for adults with a range of material to support treatment of acquired apraxia of speech. Choose from monosyllabic to paragraph length material.
Includes exercises to help clients regain as much of their communication ability as possible, regardless of apraxia severity. The stimuli are arranged as follows:
- Section 1: Phonemic Groups includes bilabials, labio-dentals, lingua-dentals, lingua-alveolars, glottals, lingua-velars, lingua-palatals, blends, and vowels.
- Section 2: Articulation/Fluency/Phrasing includes multisyllabic words, conversational sentences, paragraphs, similar word pairs, heteronyms, and more.
- Section 3: Paralinguistic Drill includes exercises to vary pitch, emphasize target words, and convey emotions.
Exercises focus on the phoneme in the initial position. The medial and final positions are addressed through coarticulation exercises. The exercises are arranged for three modes of presentation:
- clinician reading, client imitating
- client reading
- client looking at word, clinician modeling, client imitating
The exercises can be used with clients who have:
- pronounciation difficulties as in English language learners
- articulation difficulties due to a hearing impairment
- Communication Assessment Profile (CASP) - CASP£239.94 £199.95
- Language Activity Resource Kit (LARK-2)£262.80 £219.00
- Communication Activities of Daily Living (3rd Edition) CADL-3£274.74 £228.95
- WALC Complete Set: 12 books£499.50 £499.50