South Tyneside Assessment of Syntactic Structures (STASS 2)
STASS is a widely used rapid assessment which is used to highlight possible areas of difficulty within a child's expressive language.
More information below.
Expressive language STASS is a rapid assessment used to highlight possible areas of difficulty within a child's expressive language.
It comes in a laminated booklet form with 32 coloured pictures which are presented to the child with one, or occasionally two, questions. Each question is designed to elicit one or more grammatical structures.
- Child's responses produce a corpus of 37 utterances to be analysed.
- Designed to elicit structures at clause, phrase and word levels in stages I–IV of LARSP plus a range of auxiliary verbs, pronouns and prepositions.
- Profiles are included in the structures provided by normal 3- to-5-years olds when using the assessments.
- Easy to score, with photocopiable assessment forms provided.
- STAP & STASS£102.95 £102.95
- Semantic Workbooks - Set of 6£102.95 £102.95
- Language LAB Program for Grammar, Vocabulary & Storytelling£249.95 £249.95