Management of Speech and Swallowing in Degenerative Diseases
A comprehensive clinical resource covering management of a range of degenerative diseases.
Speech and swallowing function scales are included along with clinical examination forms and checklists. Handouts, descriptions and information for patients also included.
More information below.
The ability to communicate and eat safely is critical for people with life-threatening conditions. These two vital aspects of managing a degenerative disease are typically the responsibility of the speech & language therapist. With this book you'll have a practical guide to assessment and management of speech and swallowing at your fingertips.
Each chapter covers the management of one degenerative disease in adult clients: amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or motor neurone disease, Parkinson?s disease, Huntington's disease and multiple sclerosis. It benefits from chapters that:
- Describe the etiology, pathology and medical management of each disorder.
- Provide details about evaluation of speech and swallowing for that illness with scales for rating the deterioration of each aspect plus reproducible clinical interview and evaluation forms.
- Describe management protocols for mild, moderate and severe dysarthria and dysphagia.
- Include reproducible patient/family handouts describing normal speech production and swallowing, plus problem solving and advice for carers and more.
This item is non returnable if the holographic seal and/or shrink-wrap has been unsealed.
- Frenchay Dysarthria Assessment - Second Edition - Assessment£202.74 £168.95
- Communication Assessment Profile (CASP) - CASP£239.94 £199.95
- Language Activity Resource Kit (LARK-2)£262.80 £219.00
- WALC Complete Set: 12 books£499.50 £499.50