YARC: York Assessment & Reading for Comprehension - Secondary
The YARC provides an in-depth analysis of reading and comprehension skills for children aged 4-16 years. It identifies specific problems with word recognition, reading fluency or reading comprehension and informs on the best and most appropriate interventions to support the individual.
- Can be used to assess and monitor ongoing pupil progression.
- Assess EAL pupils and those requiring extra time in examinations
- Informs educational planning and benchmarks against the national average
- Ideal tool to evidence the impact of Premium Pupil Spend
- Provides standard age scores, age equivalent scores and percentile ranks for comprehension, rate and fluency.
- Administration time: 20-30 minutes.
- Developed by a team of reading experts from the centre for Reading and Language at the University of York.
The YARC diagnostic test is split into three parts: Early Years and Primary or Secondary tools. Choose the product relevant to your client/pupil group. This is the Secondary version.
Included: Complete Set Secondary Contains - Passage reading secondary test material, Passage reading secondary manual and Passage reading secondary record forms (15)
For SENCOs, Teachers and Literacy Co-ordinators.
Assessment forms are available on request, in packs of 10, product code 56822.
- British Picture Vocabulary Scale: 3rd Edition - BPVS III£263.94 £219.95
- Communication Assessment Profile (CASP) - CASP£239.94 £199.95
- Test of Silent Word Reading Fluency - Second Edition (TOSWRF-2)Special Price £83.94 £69.95 Regular Price £329.94