TOLD I-4: The Test of Language Development - (Intermediate)
The Test of Language Development (Intermediate) is an assessment tool measuring the language skills of those aged: 8 to 17-11 years (the Primary version can be found using resource code 53846).
It is a well-constructed, reliable, practical, research-based and theoretically sound resource.
More information below.
The Test of Language Development (Intermediate) is an assessment tool measuring the language skills of those aged: 8 to 17-11 years (the Primary version can be found using resource code 53846). It is a well-constructed, reliable, practical, research-based and theoretically sound resource.
Professionals can use the TOLD:I-4 to: identify children who are significantly below their peers in oral language proficiency, determine their specific strengths and weaknesses in oral language skills, document their progress in remedial programmes measure oral language in research studies.
The TOLD:I-4 comprises of six sub-tests that measure semantics (i.e., meaning and thought) or grammar (i.e., syntax and morphology) skills. Two sub-tests measure listening abilities; two measure organising abilities; and two measure speaking abilities. The combination of all six sub-tests represents overall Spoken Language. <u/l>
- Sentence Combining - the child is to form one compound or complex sentence from two or more simple sentences spoken by the examiner (grammar, speaking)
- Picture Vocabulary - the child is to point to one picture (of six per card) that best represents a series of two-word stimulus (semantics, listening)
- Word Ordering - the child is to form a complete, correct sentence from a randomly-ordered string of words, ranging from three to seven in length (grammar, organising)
- Relational Vocabulary - the child must tell how three words, spoken by the examiner, are alike (semantics, organising)
- Morphological Comprehension - the child must distinguish between grammatically correct and incorrect sentences (grammar, listening)
- Multiple Meanings - the examiner says a word to a child who responds by saying as many different meanings for that word as he/she can think of (semantics, speaking).
This complete TOLD-I:4 Kit Includes: Examiner's Manual, Picture Book, and 25 Examiner/Record Forms, all in a sturdy storage box
We always aim to maintain modest stocks of products. If you wish to order multiple assessment forms or record form packs, this is possible. If we do not have enough in stock to fulfil your order, we will order especially for you. This will take approximately 6-8 weeks. We can also bring in via air freight which will take around 1-2 weeks at an additional cost that will vary according to weight, volume etc. Please contact our sales team if you would like to obtain an air freight quote. Any products ordered in this manner are non-returnable.
To purchase this resource, please download our Assessment Tool Purchase & Agreement Form which is available HERE or contact our sales team if you would like this emailed or sent in the post to you. We must maintain proper test security to protect professionals and end users, and therefore it is essential for us, as distributors, to prevent the sale or disclosure of tests and assessments to people who are not trained in their use.