The Living Well with Dementia Course: A Workbook for Facilitators - Book
Living Well with Dementia is a course created to support people through the emotional process of accepting and coming to terms with a dementia diagnosis.
This facilitator workbook outlines the structured 8 session group activities providing all the content, e-resources and handouts.
More information below.
Living Well with Dementia is a programme to address the emotional impact of dementia by supporting people who have recently received a diagnosis through the process of acceptance. It aims to help individuals adjust, accept and come to terms with their diagnosis.
It enables individuals to reflect and share their personal experiences, accept what is happening and adjust to the changes that Dementia brings via a structured 8 – group session approach:
- Is anything wrong with me?
- Memory aids and strategies
- Worry, stress and memory
- Finding a way through feelings
- Relationships – to tell or not to tell?
- What is dementia?
- Living as well as you can
- Staying active
The workbook is aimed at facilitators – the content is laid out in a session-by-session format, with e-resources and handouts for course participants. It serves as a go-to manual for those with lots of knowledge about dementia but who are less confident about how to help people adjust emotionally.
It draws on the authors’ many years of clinical and research experience and is useful for healthcare professionals and support workers in many different settings, including specialist NHS dementia services, primary care services and the voluntary and community sector.
Suitable for those with mild to moderate dementia.
- Textured Threading Beads - Set of 16Special Price £15.71 £13.09 Regular Price £20.94
- Set of 4 Themed Books for Memory Impaired Adults£60.95 £60.95
- Feelings: Concentration, Visual Discrimination & Memory Game - 40 CardsSpecial Price £25.16 £20.97 Regular Price £41.94