Study Skills for Students with Dyslexia - 3rd Edition
Help young people with Dyslexia make the most of how they think and learn and feel inspired and supported throughout their courses.
This brilliant volume takes the stress out of learning, filled full of really useful advice on planning work, essay-writing, note taking, reading strategies, exam techniques.
More information below.
Practical and interactive, this book will motivate, inspire and guide you positively through your studies. The volume is packed full of advice on topics including note-taking, essay writing, reading strategies and exam techniques, and is an essential read for all students with dyslexia and Specific Learning Differences (SpLDs). The guidance and tools provided will help organise and plan work, improve skills and boost confidence.
The third edition contains the following chapters:
- Managing Your Study
- Understanding How You Think and Learn
- How to Make the Most of Lectures
- Note Taking and Note Making
- Reading Strategies and Speed Reading
- Answering Essay Questions
- Structuring Different Writing Genres
- Critical Thinking
- Improving Your Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation
- Improving Your Mathematics Skills and Using Statistics
- Revision and Examination Techniques
- Presentations and Collaborative Learning
- The Dissertation
A Digital-Download is available including a fully editable electronic version of the book and a collection of updated IT and software resources. Publishing date: 2016
Authors: Sandra Hargreaves is the Director of Mind Aligned www.mindaligned.org and was previously the Course Leader for the MA SpLD, the PGDip in Assessment for SpLD (Dyslexia) and the PGC in Teaching Adult Dyslexic Learners in Higher and Further Education at London Metropolitan University, before she retired.
Jamie Crabb currently works as a freelance SpLD tutor, assessor and assistive technology specialist and is part of the Diversity and Ability (DnA) Leadership Team with a role in training and innovations.
“I would definitely recommend this text to students as it has some very good ideas, practical advice and is very well considered. The writing style is lovely and clear, and it is a very good read.”
Rosemary Briggs-McCracken, Tutor for students with SpLDs and Dyslexia, Royal College of Art and Design, and Lecturer at the Universities of Greenwich and Westminster.
- Identifying and Supporting the Dyslexic ChildSpecial Price £3.95 £3.95 Regular Price £6.00
- Make Your Classroom Dyslexia Friendly - Primary VersionSpecial Price £1.95 £1.95 Regular Price £2.95
- Dealing with Dyslexia at School - 48 CardsSpecial Price £7.95 £7.95 Regular Price £14.95