Semantic and Naming Therapy: An integrated approach, linking the semantic system and the lexicons -Book & CD
This book is packed full of evidence based interventions to improve naming and word-finding skills.
These tasks and exercises are created for use with clients who have Aphasia.
More information below.
Provides clinicians with evidence-based therapy tasks to enhance naming and word-finding abilities in people with aphasia. Addressing the clinical questions of ‘what' to do, as well as ‘why' it is being done and ‘how' to do it. Provides the clinician with tasks that are known to strengthen the link between the semantic system and the phonological output lexicon.
The development of the treatment tasks has adhered to current models of psycholinguistic processing and current impairment-based aphasia treatment efficacy research. The tasks items are controlled for word frequency, imageability and length. Some important and novel features of this therapy resource are that it provides the clinician with:
- theoretical descriptions of how each task might be influencing the language processing system
- detailed instructions about tasks and how to teach-on-error
- structure for monitoring progress and moving clients to higher or lower treatment levels
- a means through which rate of presentation can be controlled and manipulated
In addition, there is repetition and integration of key naming items across different therapy tasks to enhance and reinforce learning, in line with current cognitive learning theory. Illustrated, with worksheets. For all ages.
- Language Activity Resource Kit (LARK-2)£359.94 £299.95
- Communication Activities of Daily Living (3rd Edition) CADL-3£274.74 £228.95
- WALC Complete Set: 12 books£599.95 £599.95
- Just for Adults - 6 Book Set£76.95 £76.95