Removing Barriers Game
This training resource is valuable for any organisation offering services and resources to the public, including health and social care, education, leisure, and private organisations such as retail, transport, banking and hospitality.
Understanding the barriers and challenges faced by disabled service users in everyday life enables services to remove them and provide inclusive service delivery.
More information below.
The following support documents are available:
WHAT IS THE AIM OF THE GAME?
The challenges faced by disabled people in everyday life with differing needs are often overlooked simply because service providers and staff do not realise they exist. Once awareness is raised, action can be taken to improve difficulties and remove the barriers. This is a valuable tool for Disability Equality and Disability Confident training.
WHAT ARE THE KEY MESSAGES?
- Disabled people should receive the same levels of service and access as anyone else
- If you're providing a service it should be as inclusive and accessible as possible
- Training is key to helping organisations and staff understand the challenges faced by disabled people
- Recognising barriers is the key to improving access to services and facilities
WHO SHOULD PLAY THE GAME?
Anyone offering services and resources to the public including health and social care, education, leisure, as well as private organisations such as retail, transport, banking and hospitality
WHAT WILL PLAYERS LEARN?
- The challenges, issues and barriers faced by individuals with different impairments
- The practicalities of accessing services and facilities
- Simple ways to remove barriers
CREATED IN ASSOCIATION WITH: Toyah Wordsworth, Equal Equality, Ataxia UK