Highway to Health Game
This is a super educational resource for health promotion and wellbeing events for both children and adults.
Learn about how to achieve holistic wellbeing via physical health, mental health, food and nutrition.
More information below.
The following support documents are available:
WHAT IS THE AIM OF THE GAME?
This holistic educational resource aims to improve community health. It contains a wealth of information about mental health, physical health, food and nutrition and it is designed to increase knowledge and help children, adults and families make positive choices to improve their wellbeing.
WHAT ARE THE KEY MESSAGES?
WHO SHOULD PLAY THE GAME?
Everyone! It is suitable for children (age 5+) or adults and is a useful and engaging resource for clinical, health or educational professionals to use to teach or create interventions. Ideal for training activities and wellbeing events, or simply as a family activity to play at home.
WHAT WILL PLAYERS LEARN?
- Hundreds of facts about a healthy diet and nutrition
- The positive effects of vitamins/minerals
- The benefits of exercise
- How to managing stressful situations at school or at work
- The dangers of unhealthy lifestyle choices
- 5 Ways to Wellbeing: Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give
DEVELOPED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH: Knowsley Council, NHS North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust & Face Forward Recovery Partnership
- 2-4 players
- 20-40 mins
- No specialist facilitator required