Learning Language & Loving It ! by Hanen - Book
This valuable illustrated resource combines language acquisition and language facilitation with a child-centred approach to early years education. It takes a simplified and practical approach to supporting conversational turn-taking from the earliest stages of communication development. Highly recommended reading for staff who work with language-delayed children.
An easy to use early-years programme that really works! The guidebook combines language acquisition and language facilitation with a child-centred approach. Supports conversational turn-taking from the earliest communication development stages. A practical framework encourages group participation, maximises language learning within daily routines and play, facilitates peer interaction and emergent literacy, providing fundamental supportive strategies for children with special needs and language delays.
The guidebook comprehensively describes:
- The Hanen® approach on how professionals can maximise interaction and language learning within daily routines and play activities
- Outlines how to apply key strategies to children who have special needs and language delays
- Easy to understand names and descriptions of six key developmental language stages
- A practical framework for encouraging individual children to participate and interact in groups
- Explains how to facilitate peer interaction and emergent literacy.
320-page illustrated Learning Language and Loving it™guidebook, produced by the well-known Hanen Centre®.
Also available in French, code 51641F