Inspire reasoned decision-making with this set of 30 photographic cards that feature unexpected or unwelcome situations.
Each card presents a problem that may occur in everyday life. These vary from minor challenges that disrupt daily routines such as missing a bus, to more major predicaments with elements of danger such as finding a pan on fire in the kitchen.
This card set has been purposefully created to encourage participatants to think logically, use reasoning and problem solving skills and to make and rationalise decision making.Some situations will be familiar, whilst others may present new challenges. Thinking through these difficulties will help children:
- Make responsible choices
- Develop independent thought
- Keep safe
- Understand the differences between minor difficulties and emergencies
- Realise that some problems are practical and that some include an element of social behaviour
- Know when there is danger or potential danger
- Understand that sometimes you should ask for help, sometimes take the initiative and walk away
- Find a balance between acting quickly and considering all aspects of a situation
- Recognise that there will be consequences of intervening and think about what might happen next
Contents: 30 cards, A4 size, CD Rom, 14.8x21cm, instruction booklet and box.