ColorCards: Categories - 192 Cards
This is a highly versatile pack of two sets of 96 full colour photo flashcards (192 in total), categorised into two levels of "simple" and "complex" with a range of subject themes.
This deck has been created to support language development, developed in conjunction with several highly-experienced speech and language therapists. Useful for teaching and therapeutic activities and interventions.
More information below.
Second Edition (2018)
This is a large pack containing two sets of 96 full colour photo flashcards (192 in total), arranged into categories with different subject themes include animals, everyday objects, clothes and plants.
This box set has been created to support language development, developed in conjunction with several highly-experienced speech and language therapists and is a versatile resource for SENCOs, therapists and educational professionals to create activities and interventions to develop use of language and reasoning skills.
There are two difficulty levels, "Simple" has objects on white backgrounds and "Complex" has the added context of different settings.
This versatile set can be used for many different language and teaching activities such as:
- Identifying and then grouping or matching types of objects such as colours, shape, "fruit" or "vegetables".
- Another dimension can be added by using real objects as part of the activity, e.g. laying a banana on an appropriate card. Auditory activities such as asking children to listen and follow directions with varying levels of complexity, such as point to the fish or give me the snail, bee and cow.
- Odd one Out - choose pictures from the same category and add another that isn't related and ask children to choose the odd one out.
- Memory - select a few cards, show them face up and then turn over, asking the participant to identify where an object was.
- What's different? Create groups of cards and put in a card that doesn't relate. Ask children to identify the item that doesn't belong.
- Games such as "Snap", "Pairs"
They are suitable for all ages, for small or large groups or 1-1 individual activities. The booklet suggests a variety of meaningful ways to use the card pack in nine languages - English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
Size: 9.5cm x 9.5cm.