Anger Management Games (Secondary)
This set of 26 cards offers lots of group activities that focus on specific ways of dealing with conflict and anger. They look at things from two perspectives e.g. Symbols of anger/love, roaring rage/hopping happiness etc. More information below.
These group games take a different approach to managing anger, using compassion and care to deal with situations of conflict and anger.
Anger is viewed as a feeling, rather than negative or difficult, and can serve as information to signify something important has happened that the child might want to protect, defend or deal with in some way.
A range of feeling experiences are offered to understand and manage angry emotions, providing a balanced opportunity to explore warmth, happiness, caring, compassion alongside anger, rage and irritation.
Secondary: 26 Cards.
Game Pairs include:
- When I'm angry/when I'm happy
- symbols of anger/Symbols of love
- Roaring rage/Hopping happiness
- Chain of fury/chain of kindness
- The evil eye/friendly eyes
- this is mine/this is ours
- Angry sentence beginnings/calm sentence beginnings etc.