Giant Apraxia Professional Resource Set
The following support documents are available:
This huge versatile resource consists of 562 large evidence based cards and activities for providing treatment of children with apraxia of speech. It focuses on repetition of lip tongue and jaw movements to form consonants and vowels in basic syllabic patterns VC, CV, VCVC, CVCV, CVC, CVCVC.
The photo-word cards have six activity themes; "learn the definition", "answer the question", "complete the rhyme", "hear and say the sounds", "repeat the phrases/sentences", "finish the sentence".
- 10 long and short vowel sounds A, E, I, O, U
- 21 consonant sounds: P, B, M, W (bilabials), F, V, voiced/voiceless TH (dentals), T, D, N, L, S, Z (alveolars), SH, CH, J, Prevocalic R, Y (palatals), K, G (velars), and H (glottal).
- A sound-loaded, rhyming story card for each consonant.
- A sound card with verbal cues, visual/tactile cues and elicitation techniques.
- Multiple activities for sound practice on flip side of photo card.
Card sizes: approximately 15.5cm x 15.5cm sorted into syllable shapes/ease of production in a sturdy storage box.