Help your patients or pupils practice learning or re-learning their dressing skills with these six frames.
The set of six includes buttons and button holes, press studs, ties, shoe lace & eyelets, buckles & straps and a zip.
More information below.
This set of six dressing practice tools are ideal for children or adults who are learning or re-learning fine motor and ADL (Activities of Daily Living) skills.
Carrying out these clothing fastener activities uses a variety of grips, force and muscle use. They can be used on a lap or a table, are quite large at 37x47cm providing a good-sized surface are ato focus, concentrate and work on - both sides can be accessed when carrying out the task. They come as a set of 6 with the following commonly used clothing fasteners:
- Frame 1: Six press studs (1cmDIA)
- Frame 2: Plastic zip with zipper tag (2cm approx long)
- Frame 3: Five buttons and corresponding button holes (2cmDIA)
- Frame 4: Four buckles and straps with three eyelets (1cm width)
- Frame 5: Four fabric ties with contrasting colours which helps creating bows a little easier so you can see where to place the fabric.
- Frame 6: Shoe lace and eyelets (1cm wide and slightly wider than the eyelet hole which means that when threading these through you have to push and pull a little more and get more tactile feedback whilst doing the activity. Please note this shoe lace is long - 1m 30 cm - and could potentially pose a strangulation risk with clients who are vulnerable. Please ensure an appropriate risk assessment is carried out and use is supervised at all times).
- This product is for rehabilitation and learning purposes and is not a toy. Supervise use at all times.
- The material is permanently attached to the frame for safety reasons, so these tools are not machine washable and wipe clean only.
- Dimensions: 37x41x2cm.