Can I Go and Play Now?
A great early years' resource.
This book offers practical, creative ideas to create effective indoor and outdoor learning environments.
More information below.
Rethink early years provision using this practical and profound book!
Easy to read, it offers a variety of practical ideas to create effective learning environments for young children, both in and outdoors.
The author presents a structured 3Ms approach: Making conversation, Mark making, mathematics, muscle/movement, mindfulness and magic and explores learning through play in detail.
This book shares good practice in:
- early reading and the joy of reading
- early writing development
- boys writing
- the nature of outdoor play and how to make this truly ‘outdoor’
- the role of parents in child development
- mathematics in play
- when and how to do intervention work with children
- how to get Headteachers and centre managers on board.