Teaching Communication Skills to Children with Autism
A comprehensive overview of methods and strategies for developing functional communication in children and adolescents with autism. It addresses the needs of nonverbal and beginning communicators, plus children with high functioning autism and Asperger Syndrome.
The book provides a PDF on CD with many valuable reproducibles, like reinforcement preference sheets and symbol recognition assessments.
A unique resource that focuses on the one issue pertinent to all individuals on the spectrum-communication.
- teaching communication skills
- motivation and communication
- using cues and prompts
- teaching verbal language
- using AAC
- combining methods
- following directions
- tone of voice and emphasis
- appropriate communication
- conversation skills
- developing social understanding
- teaching across environments
- Getting the Picture£17.95 £17.95
- More Than Words from Hanen Book£44.00 £44.00
- TalkAbility from Hanen£44.00 £44.00