Rapid Motor Imitation Antecedent (RMIA) Training Manual, Research Edition
A holistic toolkit of interventions to help preschool children on Autism Spectrum with severe language delays say their first words.
These are easy to use, yet highly effective proven strategies that expand communication skills. Children imitate a rapid series of carefully formulated simple motor actions and then are asked to imitate a word. The momentum built by performing these actions helps develop the ability to product words.
- Tested at the Yale Child Study Centre.
- Developed since 2002 at Teachers College, Columbia University and proven effective for helping young childen develop functional speech
- Can be used in conjunction with other interventions
- Focuses specifically on word imitation, a critical step towards using language spontaneously.
- Quick and easy to implement - administered in short but frequent chunks, flexible to fit in with everyday practice.
Manual, CD Rom complete with an hour of demonstration videos showing case studies in action. Printable data collection to organise sessions and assist in collation of data.