Colorcards®: Problem Solving - 48 Cards
Illustrates everyday problems and 2 ways of solving them.
3 cards in each sequence show: a problem; a possible solution; an alternative way to deal with it.
The set visually demonstrates a logical approach to problems, shows how problems can influence later events, shows how solutions may not please everyone, and illustrates how feelings influence choices we make.
Please find more information below.
This is set of 48 photographic cards are from the popular Colorcard® range.
Each features an everyday problem in context and two possible ways of solving them. There are three cards in each sequence: the first shows the problem and the second shows a possible solution. The third card introduces an alternative way of dealing with the problem depicted.
- car broken down - try to repair it, asks where to get help
- woman is unhappy as overweight - tries healthy eating, exercise
- child is unhappy and bored - woman comforts her, woman takes her out
- girl doesn't like her meal - leaves it, talks to the waiter
- man cannot sleep - has a hot drink, reads a book
- woman and girl argue - they sulk, they make up.
Problem Solving is a unique and efficient visual aid because it shows that some of the ways in which we deal with our difficulties are more effective than others. It does this through a highly successful visual format showing a range of problems, some of which need to be solved immediately and others that are not so time sensitive. Designed so that children will identify with many of the situations shown, these cards will be useful for:
- Understanding the need to approach problems logically
- Realising that problems may influence later events
- Learning that some solutions may not please everyone involved
- Appreciating that feelings can influence the choices we make
Ideal for use in the clinic or classroom for either educational or therapeutic activities.