Pragmatic Language Skills Inventory (PLSI)
A quick but thorough norm-referenced rating scale that assesses pragmatic language ability. Identify children with disorders, document progress, collect research data and identify language needs with this succinct, user-friendly test.
- Three subscales assess skills in:
- Personal Interaction - initiating conversation, asking for help, participating in verbal games & using appropriate nonverbal gestures.
- Social Interaction - knowing when to talk, when to listen, understanding rules, taking turns & predicting consequences for one's behaviour.
- Classroom Interaction -using figurative language, maintaining conversation topics, explaining how things work, writing a good story and using slang.
- Manual and 25 Summary Forms
- Sturdy box
Cut-off scores determine if characteristics of a pragmatic language disorder are present and need referred for a more comprehensive language assessment. Guidelines are provided to help in interpret the results. Reliability and validity ratings are exceptionally strong, support the use as a diagnostic instrument. For teachers, early interventionists and other professionals.
For ages 5-11. Admin time: 10 minutes