Make Play ROCK - Book: Put Pretending into Your Child's Play
This is the third booklet in the Make Play R.O.C.K.™ series for parents of young children with Autism and other social communication difficulties. It is also useful for professionals supporting children and parents through their early stages of development.
Produced by the well respected The Hanen Centre®, this resource focuses on helping expand children's pretend play skills during fun, everyday activities. Children with additional needs often find it difficult to pretend, so adults must take some extra steps to provide them with the opportunities and encouragement that they need to learn.
- Language Skills
- Social Skills
- Emotional Skills
- Understand how the development of pretend play fosters your child's language, social and emotional skills.
- Identify your child's stage of pretend play and his next step in pretend play development
- Use research-based strategies to encourage your child to imitate new pretend play actions and move to the next stage in pretend play
- Help your child apply newly learned pretend play skills with a variety of toys and in a variety of situations
- Others in this series include "Take out the toys" (55712) and "Plan for People Play" (55711)