E-Motion2 - 75 Cards
Why is that person making that face? What are the reasons and emotions behind facial expressions?
Feelings have triggers and understanding these is key to being able to comprehend how others may think, feel and act.
This super set of 75 cards cover 15 feelings/emotions and visually illustrate contexts where one may feel that way.
More information below.
This is a set of really unique colourful cards. 15 different emotions are addressed with a detailed facial expression and four associated situations/events/scenarios visually illustrate contexts where a person may feel this way. Topics: Happiness/Joy; Sadness; Anger; Fear; Pain; Disgust; Pride; Surprise; Envy; Embarrassment; Jealousy; Guilt; Irritation; Boredom; Curiosity.
- Recognising facial expressions
- Learning about and developing an understanding of different triggers for given emotions
- Learning about and recognising one's own as well as other people's emotional triggers
- Understanding that emotions are unique and important (empathy, awareness, tolerance)
- Developing social and emotional competence
- Developing self-expression, speaking and listening skills
- Naming and describing the emotions of the children in the pictures as well as relating these back to own experiences and emotions
- Thinking about what the children in the pictures might be saying or thinking
- Naming and explaining triggers for different emotions
- Matching individual emotions cards to specific situations
- Using the picture cards as a basis for story-telling activities
- Talking about emotional experiences
- Using role play or mime to act out emotions and their causes.
15 specific Emotion cards are accompanied by 4 situational cards with varying complexity to visually explain contexts.
75 cards: 9x9cm. Suitable for 4+ years.